Cummins Mellor Recruitment is a dedicated member of the REC (Recruitment and Employment Confederation) and abides by its Code of Practice. We pride ourselves on the quality of our service, the calibre of our staff and our commitment to Best Practice.
We ensure that our staff comply with the relevant provisions of the 1973 Employment Agencies Act as amended, the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 and any other relevant legislation including that related to equal opportunities, equal pay, taxation, health and safety, data protection, immigration, rehabilitation of offenders and the Working Time Directive.
- We encourage and support all our Recruitment Consultants to undertake the REC’s professional qualifications. Cummins Mellor Recruitment is also Investor in People accredited; which means that this Standard helps us to improve performance and realise objectives through the management and development of our people.
- We commit to dealing with and representing ourselves to both candidates and clients fairly, openly, honestly, proactively and courteously at all times.
- We will provide our clients with a dedicated Account Manager to service and take responsibility and accountability for recruitment needs.
- We take all reasonable steps in line with REC and Home Office Guidelines to ensure that all candidates supplied or introduced are eligible to work in the UK and that when introducing candidates for permanent or fixed term positions to be directly employed by our client, we will ensure that both candidates and clients are aware of any eligibility criteria that may apply.
- We document accurately all stages of the recruitment process including any offers of employment or engagement.
- Our advertisements are accurate and can be substantiated by reference to instructions received by our clients; from whom we seek approval to advertise those vacancies.
- On initial contact with a client, we will confirm how our Terms of Business will be transmitted and provide a clear insight into our services.
- We always take a thorough recruitment brief in order to gain a full understanding of our clients’ businesses and the recruitment project and wherever possiblevisit our clients on-site.
- We provide relevant shortlisted candidates; who have expressed an interest in our clients’ opportunities and who are fully briefed before arriving at our clients’ sites.
- We provide timely thorough feedback throughout the recruitment process including “post placement” service calls.
- We will take up references for all temporary and contract workers supplied before placing them on assignments with clients. When introducing candidates for permanent positions we will inform clients whether references have been obtained or whether this is the responsibility of the client.
- We operate a “Service Commitment” to our candidates as well as our clients and our clients may request a copy of this information.
- We will treat information received from our clients confidentially. We operate an internal complaints procedure.