Cummins Mellor are looking for a team leader to join an international and well-established distribution centre in the Blackburn area.
The team leader will oversee daily projects and supervise the day to day operations of their team. Working closely with the Warehouse Manager to further improve and develop warehouse efficiencies and customer service. This is a pivotal role and will be focused at delivering consistent performance, ensuring all day to day aspects of the operation are managed pro-actively.
Details for warehouse team leader:
– Salary is £20,600
– Working hours are Monday – Thursday 9am – 5.30pm and Friday 9am – 5pm
– Permanent position
Duties of warehouse team leader:
– To ensure that all team members are fully deployed utilising resource where priorities are required and to maximise efficiencies.
– Manage team attendance, performance, productivity and accuracy levels, motivating team members to achieve high levels
– Co-ordinate and motivate the warehouse operation to ensure effective operational performance and KPIs are met
– Maintain a good working knowledge of warehouse operational areas including inventory control, delivery schedules along with health & safety procedures.
– To ensure all temporary staff within your team receive a full induction and training to their specific responsibilities.
– Ensure warehouse and yard areas are kept in an orderly manner – clean and organised
– To ensure company procedures are adhered to in all aspects of warehouse operations.
– To ensure team members adhere in their daily work to Health and Safety requirements for the company.
– To motivate and inspire team members to ensure a multi task approach to all duties.
– To analyse performance levels of team members and identify any training issues.
– Intervene when necessary to aid the group in resolving issues.
Duties The ideal candidate will have the following:
– Good organisational and time management skills
– Good leadership skills – lead by setting a good example
– NVQ level 2 in warehouse & distribution or working towards advantageous
– NVQ in team leading advantageous
– Good standard of English and numeracy skills required
– Attention to detail
– Work as part of a team or own initiative
– Working knowledge of health and safety issues
-Must be able to assist with overtime and flexible working approach during busy periods
If you are interested in this position, please apply by uploading your CV or call the office and ask to speak to Mia.
Not ready to apply just yet? If you’re looking for some more information then please give us a call.