Cummins Mellor are recruiting for a Warehouse Team Leader to work for an extremely successful logistics company in the Blackburn area. The company distributes to to leading and best loved brands and retailers across Europe & the US. With over 2000 employees worldwide and more than 450 in the UK, they’re big and diverse enough to offer you great development and an exciting career. If you are ambitious and talented and want to work in an environment where that won’t go unnoticed then please read on.
Details for Warehouse Team leader:
- Friday 37.5 hours, 06:00 – 14:00, 14:00 – 22:00 weekly rotating Shift Pattern
- Fantastic company to work for
- Immediate starts available
- Salary dependent on experience
Responsibilities for Warehouse Team Leader:
- Day to day management of staff and activities within the department. Co-ordinate all activities.
- Plan workload and issue instructions to team.
- Plan labour verses activity on a daily basis; and liaise with Section Manger where appropriate.
- Monitor, evaluate and re- assess progress in order to achieve daily output targets.
- Deals with day to day queries and escalates if unable to resolve.
- Motivate staff to achieve targets.
- Ensures work procedures are followed and standards are maintained.
- Maintains a good standard of housekeeping within the department.
- Ensure Health and Safety procedures are observed at all times, to maintain a safe and legal working environment.
- Update manager on daily progress or challenges within the department.
- Undertake other duties as required in order to support the business in achieving excellence for all customers.
- Able to motivate and lead others.
- Understand the importance of achieving targets and deadlines.
- Consistent approach to management of staff and operations within agreed guidelines.
- Understanding of basic Health and Safety management.
- Competent WMS and PC skills.
- Common sense approach with an aptitude for detail.
If you are interested in this position please apply by uploading your CV.