Cummins Mellor are recruiting for a Warehouse Shift Manager to work for an extremely successful logistics company in the Blackburn area. The company distributes to to leading and best loved brands and retailers across Europe & the US. With over 2000 employees worldwide and more than 450 in the UK, they’re big and diverse enough to offer you great development and an exciting career.
Details for Warehouse Shift Manager:
- Monday – Friday 37.5 hours, 06:00 – 14:00, 14:00 – 22:00 weekly rotating Shift Pattern
- Permanent position
- Fantastic company to work for
- Immediate starts available
- Salary dependent on experience
Responsibilities for Warehouse Shift Manager:
- Management and development of a team of 1 x Team Leader and 12 – 18 warehouse operatives
- Regular and consistent approach to the appraisal of all staff under your direct control.
- Achievement of required KPI’s and SLA’s within agreed budget.
- To monitor process compliance for those team members under your direct control.
- Day to day organisation of resources (equipment and labour) to cope with required activity levels.
- Overall responsibility for the quality of work carried out by your teams. Ensuring QC checks are carried out at various stages, results are monitored and areas for improvements identified and implemented.
- Health and Safety compliance within your team.
- To constantly seek out continual improvement / best practice within your team
- Experience of First Line Manager duties from a 3PL / Manufacturing / Production distribution or warehousing background.
- Effective leadership with a ‘can do’ mentality
- Numerate with an aptitude for detail
- Effective planning skills e.g. resource deployment etc.
- Use of Warehouse Management Systems and Microsoft Office
- Awareness of Health and Safety practices
- Effective communicator at all levels
If you are interested in this position please apply by uploading your CV.