Cummins Mellor are looking for experienced Warehouse operatives to work for a successful distribution centre in the Accrington area. This position is a brilliant opportunity and would go permanent for the right individual.
What’s in it for you?
- Monday – Friday 8am – 4.30pm
- 1 hour break each day
- Weekly pay
- In house FLT training available
- Secure position after 3 months
What will your duties be?
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles, by hand or with a forklift truck.
- Checking for damaged or missing items and then sorting stock for storage in the warehouse.
- Taking goods to the appropriate storage space –using loading and lifting gear for heavy goods.
- Keeping a careful record of the stock on the warehouse management system, so that it can be located quickly.
- Operating a forklift truck to move and rearrange stock and ensure that products are stored safely and labelled correctly and safely.
- Picking orders from the storage space and bringing them for packing, or to the loading bay for transportation.
- Ensure orders are packaged and labelled correctly to prevent returned orders.
- Organising transfers and loading goods on to delivery vehicles.
- Cleaning and maintaining the warehouse will also be part of the daily routine.
- With heavy equipment in operation warehouses can be dangerous places, so following workplace health and safety rules will be essential.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Current forklift licence would be desirable
- Previous warehouse experience preferred
- Ability to work on own initiative is essential
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
- IT skills are Preferred.
- Excellent communication and being able to work as a part of a team are essential.
If you are interested in the position please upload your up to date CV, or call the office and ask to speak to Mia.