Have you got experience of working within the charitable sector? Experience of managing a team of volunteers?
Our client seeks to encourage and facilitate the empowerment of individuals by the provision of high quality services. They are looking to recruit a motivated, personable and experienced volunteer coordinator to join their team on fixed term contract
The post holder will support and monitor current volunteer working within an award winning charity. An interest in people and an ability to mix with a variety of people is a must. Background or experience within social care would be advantageous for the suitable candidate.
As a Volunteer Coordinator, your role will include;
- To support the Service Delivery Director to implement, monitor and evaluate service delivery against, national quality, performance mark standards, and good practice
- To take a lead in casework and welfare supervision of the team, monitoring performance and training needs
- To carry out regular monitoring and evaluation taking an active role in improving and developing the service
- To maintain accurate monitoring and recording systems
- To collate and share data with the Service Delivery Manager, highlighting changing people’s needs, which will contribute towards strategic planning
- To ensure strict confidentiality is maintained in line with policy and Standards
- To develop and maintain positive working relationships with people, carers, health and social care stakeholders and other relevant agencies
- To work within and comply with quality management systems
- To actively participate in peer support sessions with staff members
- To undertake duties in line with safeguarding and data protection principles
- To produce reports for the Service Delivery Manager, SMT and others as may be required
- Attend monthly staff meetings and training as necessary
- To attend regular supervision/appraisal sessions with the Service Delivery Director
The successful candidate must;
- Knowledge of requirements of safeguarding procedures
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Experience of managing a caseload
- The ability to understand guidelines, policies and records etc.
- Experience of completing records yourself
- Ability to methodically think through problems and come up with new solutions
- Show high standards of personal and professional behaviour
- Gather feedback from people who use the service or colleagues you support to help develop team and personal plans
Our client can offer;
- Ability to gain further qualifications
- Free employee assistance programme
- 25 days + 8BH
- A supportive and friendly team
- Company Phone
Our client is a conscious employer who care about the happiness and wellbeing of their team and provide an exciting opportunity. The successful candidate will be open minded, willing and will be motivated to develop themselves both personally and professionally.
Cummins Mellor is a family run employment agency who has been serving businesses across East Lancashire for over 28 years. We pride ourselves on sourcing the highest quality, temporary and permanent candidates for local employers.