An exciting opportunity has arisen for a HR professional to join a thriving, rapidly expanding, East Lancashire business.
Myerscough College specialises in the education and training for the land – based and sport industries. This role surrounds shaping and maintaining a positive, rewarding, and enjoyable employee experience, underpinned by modern, engaging, effective, and compliant HR practices.
You provide effective and timely support to managers, developing and enhancing their people management practices. You will take an active role is shaping a culture of excellence.
Does this sound like you?
- I have experience of working in a generalist HR role
- I have experience of undertaking/ supporting workplace investigations
- I have experience of contributing to the development of HR policies and procedures
- I have good knowledge of employment law, best practice and the ACAS codes of practice
- I have awareness of data protection legislation and the importance of maintaining confidentiality
- I have knowledge of the employment tribunal system and the various stages
What will I get out of the role?
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday plus Bank holidays, with Christmas shut down
- A full-time position – 37.5hours per week (Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm; Friday 9am – 4.30pm)
- Company pension
What will my new role involve?
- You will be one of the ‘go to’ experts for all things people and employment. You provide advice and support on a wide range of employee relations and employment issues, providing people-centred and College focussed solutions
- You will provide advice and support across the full ER spectrum (disciplinaries, conflict management, safeguarding, performance, probation, equality, recruitment, and change management
- You will find ways to continually enhance and enrich the employee experience, both directly through your work and interactions with colleagues and indirectly through shaping and developing compassionate and emotionally intelligent managers
- As an employee relations specialist, you provide professional and impartial advice and support to managers at all stages of the process. This includes the provision of advice and support in relation to investigations, note taking, support with the preparation of management documents, and attendance at hearings and appeals as appropriate
- You will contribute to policy development; the policies you craft will focus on compliance and best practice, they will be person-centred and designed with a positive employee experience in mind
- You will support the development and delivery of College wide training on any HR related topic. You then enhance the learning experience through 1-1 or group coaching, shaping excellent people managers
- You will support our recruitment processes, ensuring compliance with safer recruitment, robust background screening, effective recruitment practices, and onboarding experiences
- You undertake or support ad hoc projects as required, as well as contributing to data analytics and report writing
- You may also be asked to support the Director of People & Experience in the delivery of the service in relation to any of their lead responsibilities.
If this sounds like you and your keen to take enhance your HR career ladder, apply online today or call Amy on 01254 239363