Do you have experience in the preparation and review of technical and/or complex contractual documentation?
Do you have proven purchasing experience, preferably within a manufacturing/operational environment?
If yes, this could be the exciting next step in your career…
Cummins Mellor are pleased to be recruiting a Senior Buyer for a leading UK manufacture and supply company of building products.
As the successful candidate, as the Buyer, you will have responsibility for managing the procurement process from selecting suppliers through to final negotiations, ERP management, Bid analysis and ongoing Group supplier relationship management.
- Ensure optimal supplier performance in areas including delivery performance, capacity management, inventory, lead-time and quality with regular supplier review meetings
- Lead and support on sourcing and tendering activities for both Project and Category related activities
- Manage supplier relationships to maximise value contributions of the supply chains
- Engage with and influence key stakeholders within the business
- To analyse historical and forecasted product portfolio expenditure and strategy in order to find the areas that need to be addressed within the procurement category
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions
- Maintain and report weekly and monthly on current supplier spend data and identify trends
- Collect supplier bids and perform analysis of results
- Risk management of all suppliers within business product portfolio
- Management of long-term contracts for critical / strategic suppliers
- Ensure compliance across all contracts
- Demonstrate and promote organisational vision and values
- Mentor and coach the Junior Buyer to enhance their career and professional development.
- Undertake administration functions as and when required within the purchasing department
The Skills Required
- Strong negotiation, communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Commercially and financially aware
- Experience in the preparation and review of technical and/or complex contractual documentation
- Proven purchasing experience, preferably within a manufacturing/operational environment
- Computer literate, to include Word and Excel skills
What our client can offer:
- Basic salary circa £30,000 – £35,000, DOE
- Office based role, Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm (1hr for lunch)
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays
- Work for a national company who is an extraordinary growth journey
- Take full autonomy and have full accountability in your role
For a confidential conversation please get in touch for more detail.