Our client is a multi-award winning, Darwen based company. This is a manufacturing and distribution business and due to continued growth are looking to add a dedicated Sales Ledger to their finance team.
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who is looking to work in a fast-paced, flexible accounting team where your wider reaching accounts skills can be utilised.
What does the role involve?
- Daily banking and sales ledger posting, audit and aged debt reports
- Receipting of payments and reconciliation of customer accounts
- Reviewing customer accounts and producing accurate statements prior to distribution at month end
- Collection of outstanding debt – analysis of slow paying customers to enable the business to make informed decisions
- Setting up of new customers – validating European VAT registered companies prior to adding to the system
- Bank Reconciliations – petty cash spend and analysis
- Submission of VAT returns
- Customer credit control within pre-determined credit values and period limits
- Liaison with customers & sales office to resolve queries
- Intrastat reporting & EC sales
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary, based on individual experience
- Family feel culture
- Strong team environment
- Working hours are Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm
- 20 days + 8 BH
- Free parking
Core skills required:
- The ability to demonstrate experience in sales ledger and credit control
- Experience of working in a business in with a 20m turnover
- Knowledge of export is desirable but not essential
- Strong communication skills, with a professional and confident telephone manner
- High levels of attention to detail, numerate and literate
- A proactive team player approach with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong levels of IT literacy including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented Sales Ledger professional looking to join a market leading, award winning organisation to play a key role in its financial processing. For further information, please contact Amy for a confidential discussion on 01254 239363 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cummins Mellor is a family run employment agency who has been serving businesses across East Lancashire for over 29 years. We pride ourselves on sourcing the highest quality, temporary and permanent candidates for local employers.