Are you an inspiration people manager with exceptional leadership qualities?
Can you demonstrate year on year growth in sales and sales targets / forecasts met?
Do you have experience in growing sales in existing accounts across multisite operations?
Do you have experience in manufacturing and building services?
If yes, this could be the exciting career step you’re looking for!
Cummins Mellor are pleased to be recruiting a Sales Director for a leading UK manufacture and supply company of building products. With a turnover exceeding £100m, it’s entering into its next phase of extraordinary growth and is seeking a new Sales Director to deliver its vision for the future. Our client is looking for a hands-on, enthusiastic Sales Director who can motivate, lead and drive their teams to meet and exceed sales and revenue targets.
As the successful candidate you will be a strong and innovative leader; you will be responsible for overseeing their business plan to drive more revenue, take ownership of the customer pipeline whilst being a hands on and motivational leader across the sales teams.
- Devising and implementing an appropriate sales strategy to enable the team to meet its overall sales and revenue targets
- Working with the board to drive new business and constantly review, implement and drive process improvement
- Building and maintaining a ‘fit for purpose’ sales team, through training, coaching and performance management
- Applying the use of accurate performance measurement tools and reporting, regular individual performance reviews and development plans
- Providing strong leadership to direct reporting sales people, working to understand what motivates each individual and putting appropriate measures in place to ensure high morale is maintained
- Working with across sales departments as well as the marketing team to influence campaigns and lead generation activities that support the marketing strategy and KPIs
- Work with the pre-sales and sales people to identify and maximise new business opportunities to help them demonstrate the products features, advantages and business benefits appropriate for each sales opportunity
This is a hands-on position, where authority and leadership are key strengths required for this role. You must be able to motivate sales team in order to exceed revenue objectives.
- You will have a proven track record growing sales in existing accounts across multisite operations
- You will be an inspirational leader able to translate wider corporate objectives into relevant strategies and action plans
- Experience of managing a diverse sales channels/teams from field sales, telesales and site managers whilst driving performance using KPIs and leadership techniques
- Strong negotiating and commercial skills – a proven ability to accurately price business opportunities
- Experience of new business acquisition from lead generation, to close and implementation
- Will have experience in manufacturing and building services/products within a sales role
What our client can offer:
- Basic salary circa £80,000, plus OTE (some flex on salary)
- Working with a National Company; with full autonomy to shape and enhance the sales process
- Individual Contributor, working closely with the Board and Senior Management Position
- Blackburn based with field based days
For a confidential conversation please get in touch for more detail.