Our client has gone from strength to strength and have become well renowned hospitality business in the local area.
The business is looking to appoint an experienced purchase ledger to work within the Accounts department of the fast-moving team.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller you will have proven purchase ledger experience and be a confident, pro-active self-starter with good interpersonal and communication skills at all levels.
As Purchase Ledger & Payroll Administrator your role will include;
- Process invoices, reconciling delivery notes to invoices received and purchase orders
- Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details within the purchase ledger
- Assist in the preparation of purchase summaries
- Process business expense returns
- Processing BACS payments and preparing cheques
- Daily banking – comprising of received cheques, cash
- Responsible for the reconciliation of all bank accounts daily/monthly
- Quarterly VAT reporting and reconciliation
- Support the payroll processing system by records by gathering timesheets, information and inputting data for weekly, bi-weekly and monthly payroll
- Answers staff questions about wages, deductions, attendance, and time records
- Handling payroll queries including Identifying, investigating, and resolving discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records
The ideal Purchase Ledger & Payroll Administrator must;
- Have proven experience working in Purchase Ledger; holding 4 years’ experience
- Be knowledgeable of relevant accounting software. Knowledge of Sage Line 50 is essential for this role
- Be skilled in the use of Microsoft Excel including Pivot tables and VLookups
- Work to confidentiality standards
- Have the ability to develop and build good customer relations
- Have the ability to organise and prioritise own workload and work to tight deadlines
- Be flexible, enthusiastic with a can do attitude
Our client can offer;
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Pension scheme
- Staff discounts
- Friendly, modern offices
- Working hours are Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm, with some flexibility
- 20 days + 8 BH
Cummins Mellor is a family run employment agency who have been serving businesses across East Lancashire for over 28 years. We pride ourselves on sourcing the highest quality, temporary and permanent candidates for local employers.