An exciting opportunity has arisen for a HR professional to join a thriving, rapidly expanding, East Lancashire business.
Myerscough College specialises in the education and training for the land – based and sport industries. The heart of their ethos is an outstanding student experience in a safe and inclusive learning environment. This role is to help contribute to this by ensuring robust safer recruitment practices across the College.
The purpose of the role is to provide effective and timely support to managers, developing and enhancing their knowledge of, and compliance with, all aspects of safer recruitment. You will oversee and develop the candidate journey to provide an engaging candidate experience and smooth onboarding process.
You provide advice and support to managers on everything people management, from onboarding to exiting and everything in between!
Does this sound like you?
- I have awareness of employment law, best practice and the ACAS codes of practice.
- I have knowledge of data protection legislation and the importance of maintaining confidentiality
- I have knowledge of the latest digital and technological workplace advancements
- I am an associate membership of the CIPD
- I have A level 4 qualification or above
What will I get out of the role?
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday plus Bank holidays, with Christmas shut down
- A full-time position – 37.5hours per week (Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm; Friday 9am – 4.30pm)
- Company pension
What will my new role involve?
- Take a lead role on safer recruitment, ensuring managers are clear on all policy requirements and expectations
- Find ways to continually enhance and enrich both the candidate and on-boarding experience, to provide a positive and memorable experience as we welcome new colleagues to our College
- Effectively oversee and support all aspects of the recruitment process from developing the job specification, to drafting the advert, supporting the selection process, and on-boarding our new recruits
- Contribute to maintaining our single central record with absolute accuracy and precision, undertaking regular audits to ensure compliance
- Provide professional and impartial advice and support to managers at early stages of all HR processes (attendance management, conduct, performance management, flexible working etc)
- As an excellent communicator, you role model positive and professional behaviors, you lead by example, and you adopt a learning mindset. Tailor your communication to suit the audience. Your will content inspires and motivates others, and always leaves a positive impression
- Undertake or support ad hoc HR projects as required, as well as contributing to data analytics and report writing
If this sounds like you and your keen to take your first step on the HR ladder, apply online today or call Amy on 01254 239363