You will be responsible for all aspects of the weekly and monthly payroll . Whilst processing employee remuneration in an accurate and timely manner is a key aspect of the role, the role will be to provide a commercially focused and professional payroll service for Group. Ensuring the payroll related legal and statutory obligations are met.
The organisation is market leading and are recognised as an employer of choice in the area. Offering a warm and welcoming environment, you will join a vibrant team of supportive colleagues.
If you’re looking for the next step in your career where you can take ownership of the payroll function and have access to a generous benefits package, then please apply today.
What can our client offer you;
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Training & development opportunities
- Comprehensive holiday package
- Auto enrolment pension
- Free on-site parking
As the Payroll Specialist your role will include;
- Accountability for all payroll administration, ensuring legislation is adhered to and that Employees are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist with the production of the Groups payrolls within the UK, ensuring legislation is adhered to and that employees are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- In conjunction with the Payroll Manager, process monthly payrolls in line with internal and external audit requirements.
- Creation of the monthly payroll BACs files, reconciling the figures and preparation for submission.
- Ensure all payroll changes processed through MY HR by employees and line managers are checked and all audit controls completed
- Respond to all pay queries from colleagues and line managers in an effective and efficient manner.
- Accurate input of new starters onto the payroll database ensuring that all employees are paid correctly and on time.
- Ensure all contractual & statutory amendments are entered onto the system promptly and accurately.
- To deal professionally with all pay related enquiries from all employees, line managers and external bodies.
- To respond in a timely manner to all correspondence from Government bodies.
- Maintaining payroll integrity and confidentiality at all times.
- Support in the administration of Company benefits including Pension Auto Enrolment
- Process all Court Order/CSA deductions and other third-party deductions.
- Raise all advance and manual payments, ensuring accuracy and timely completion.
- Ensure effective management of the leaver’s process to minimise overpayments.
- Auditing all changes of employee details, verifying original documents against system generated audit reports.
- Reconciliation of payments to third parties.
- An analytical approach to any discrepancies that may arise from the payroll.
- Ensuring all Payroll deadlines are adhered to.
The ideal Payroll Specialist will;
- Proficient in the use of Excel
- Knowledge of Mitrefinch payroll system would be beneficial but not essential
- Ability to obtain, analyse, validate and present data
- Attentive to detail with the ability understand complex information
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Aptitude to identify and implement improvements
- Confident in working autonomously but also able to communicate effectively and work as part of a team
- Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly establish working relationships
- Be passionate in their role and be driven by delivering a first-class payroll service
- Have exceptional organisation and time-management skills
If you feel you have the skills and attitude required for this role and wish to work with a forward thinking company to help them continue on their extraordinary growth journey then please apply today.