Cummins Mellor are supporting a Blackburn-based manufacturing & distribution business to find a highly experienced and competent payroll & HR administrator to join their team.
Your role will be to assist with payroll and HR function and help coordinate payroll across the UK for 350 employees. Our client manufactures products that are exported globally, the organisation is market leading and are recognised as an employer of choice in the area.
Offering a warm and welcoming environment, you will join a vibrant team of supportive colleagues. So if you’re looking for the next step in your career and if you have strong analytical thinking skills, highly organised and proficient in excel and administration then please apply today.
As a Payroll & HR Administrator your role will include;
- To maintain accurate information updating employee details
- To manage payments for maternities, paternities, SSP and GIP
- To assist in processing deductions from salaries (tax, national insurance, childcare vouchers, healthcare)
- To complete monthly trial checks for anomalies
- To process new starts, leavers, pension changes, salary inputs, movement of staff, promotions/transfers, and healthcare, sick pay, maternity, paternity
- To process monthly pension contributions and pension uploads onto internal system
- To assist in the development of the systems and processes
- To issue the Finance Department with payroll files
- To provide standard monthly and annually employee reports
- To support the HR team with administrative and general HR advisory duties
- To ensure HR systems and documents are up to date
- To prepare and send letters in relation to payroll and HR
The ideal Payroll & HR Administrator will;
- Strong administrative skills and experience
- Knowledge of Excel, Spreadsheet work and generating reports are essential parts of the role therefore the jobholder will be proficient in the use of Excel and strong on calculations and formulas
- Strong analytical thinking skills, thoroughness and efficiency orientation
- Experience and knowledge of payroll systems is advantageous
- Experience of working in a large company environment
- Organised with high attention to detail
- The jobholder will handle highly confidential data therefore absolute discretion is essential at all times.
- The job holder may manage complex processes which require stringent attention to detail
In return our client can offer;
- 25 days holidays + 8BH
- Company Pension Scheme (up to 10%)
- Regular training and opportunity for personal development and progression
- Private healthcare scheme
- Regular team social events
- Open plan office space with breakout and canteen area
If you feel you have the skills and attitude required for this role and wish to work with a forward thinking company to help them continue on their extraordinary growth journey then please apply today.
Cummins Mellor is a family run employment agency who has been serving businesses across East Lancashire for over 29 years. We pride ourselves on sourcing the highest quality, temporary and permanent candidates for local employers.