Does this sound like you?
- I’m a team player with great communication skills
- I have a good grasp of Health & Safety requirements in an operational environment
- I have good general physical ability and love a bit of hands on work
- I am a hard worker who can commit to working 39 hours a week and want to bag some overtime every now and again
- I want to learn new skills and receive training from a team of skilled colleagues
- I want to work in a family business who cares about my personal well-being and progression
Who is it that’s recruiting?
Our client is a market leading importer, producer and distributor with over 50 years of successful trading. Supplying to trade and directly to the construction and fabrication sectors, our client produce a range of bespoke products that are handcrafted by their skilled team. Due to their continued growth they seek to employ a hardworking, willing individual to join their production team. The role is ideal for someone looking to embark on a skilled trade, learn new things and advance their skills set.
What will I be doing in the role?
- Training to become a trained machinist/sawyer
- Operating designated machinery
- Undertake general tasks within the processing plant including cutting, moulding and finishing products
- Safely operate designated mechanical handling equipment including side loaders
- Carrying out designated tasks in a safe and timely manner
- Maintaining and take responsibility for housekeeping in working area
- Meet targets set by the company in terms of timely and accurate delivery of products
- Contribute to safe and efficient running of the overall site
- Working as part of a committed and welcoming team
- Completing warehousing and packing responsibilities
What will I get out of it?
- Ongoing training opportunities, both internal and external
- A competitive base salary with discretionary annual bonuses
- A great, open working environment
- 28 days holiday including the statutory bank holidays (Increasing to 30 with service)
- Opportunities to work overtime with time and a half pay
- The support of a warm, stable and welcoming team
- 3pm finishes on a Friday
If you are a hardworking and committed individual and are interested in learning new skills and progressing your career then this position is for you!
Cummins Mellor is a family run employment agency who has been serving businesses across East Lancashire for over 28 years. We pride ourselves on sourcing the highest quality, temporary and permanent candidates for local employers.