IT and Systems Support Coordinator
Are you an experienced systems manager looking for a new challenge in a vibrant Blackburn business?
The Cummins Mellor family of businesses are looking to bring a large amount of their IT support in house and are therefore looking for a technology guru to join the team.
What are the main duties & responsibilities of the role?
- Taking full responsibility of all hardware and software
- Liaising with our managed service provider, to deal with all IT related communications with them
- Contribute to the Information Security standards/certifications the company decide to pursue e.g. Cyber Security/ ISO 27001, ISO 9001.
- Managing the replacement of out of date, or defective IT components
- Management of the company comms room
- Setting up new users on the relevant systems and assigning new hardware
- Liaising with suppliers to make IT purchases and manage this in line with the IT budget as outlined by the Finance Director.
- Communicating best practice IT policies are implemented and being followed by the team e.g. password policies.
- Produce reports for senior managers/board around the ongoing state of the Information Technology systems across out Family of Businesses.
What type of person would be perfect for this role?
- You will keep up to date with best practice industry standards to ensure our family of businesses are using the very best internal business systems to go about day to day operations
- You will have an ability to think strategically about the high level requirements of the business in order to propose or indeed challenge current and future systems
- You will have good people skills, be a team player and be willing to handle all support request
- You will be meticulous and diligent when it comes to keeping records and documentation on our IT systems
- You will have 2-3 years’ experience working in-house in a IT team or with a IT support company or equivalent.
- You will have a relevant qualification (Degree/Diploma) in information systems or information technology
What systems will I be responsible for looking after?
- Phone system – Mitel
- Server – Windows, SQL Express
- PCs – Windows
- CRM – Salesforce, RDB (Access)
- Communications – Office 365, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, DotDigital,
- Finance – Sage, Tempaid
- Other cloud-based IT systems for day to day business operations
What’s in it for me?
- A salary of £25-30k per annum
- Brilliant working environment with a high performing team
- Unlimited progression and training opportunities
- A brilliant team and culture which adheres to our core values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Positivity and Going the Extra Mile
- 28 days holiday rising by 1 day for every subsequent year of service
- Staff Awards
- Excellent Pension Scheme
- Regular Social Events
- The Right to Request a 2 Month Unpaid Career Break after 5 years’ service
- Long Service Awards
- & much more!
Why not tell a friend or colleague about this role and be in with a chance of winning a brand new Amazon Echo Show 8! – click here