Does this sound like you?
- I am a competent, stand-alone HR generalist
- I am looking for an opportunity to control the HR function of a rapidly expanding global manufacturer and distributor
- I enjoy a broad ranging HR role including employee relations, recruitment, advisory work and employee engagement
- I am CIPD qualified to a minimum of Level 5
- I am confident in establishing HR processes from the ‘ground up’
- I am bright, articulate and highly knowledgeable across human resource practice
Cummins Mellor are recruiting on behalf of a multi-award winning, Darwen based company who export globally and seek to appoint an accomplished HR Manager to join their team.
Our client is a manufacturing and distribution business and due to continued growth are looking to bring their HR functionality in house and for someone to implement and lead their people strategy. This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who is looking for career stability and wanting to work in a close knit team environment.
As HR Manager your role will include:
- Maintaining a dual strategic and operational HR remit
- Establishing core HR operations into the organisation
- Focusing initially on process management – you will manage HR responsibilities across recruiting and staffing logistics, organisational planning, systems improvement, policy development and documentation management
- Leading and inspiring the wider team to embrace new HR processes
- Partnering the leadership team in shaping the people strategy for the business and providing all reporting and information for the leadership team as well as providing operational support to management teams
- Responsible for the maintenance of a new HR system (and supporting systems) which will support the needs of the business and remove the dependency on 3rd party providers of HR transactional services
- Responsibility for harmonising Terms and Conditions across the Group including streamlining bonus schemes, salary ranges, staff incentive schemes
- Responsibility for developing and implementing a standard set of polices across the Group
- Overall accountability for the development and delivery of HR activities including resourcing, training, reward systems, performance management systems, succession, and communication
- Supporting the leadership team to manage growth, technical and managerial competence development, organisational and employee performance to ensure the achievement of organisational goals and objectives
- Providing management information and reports on staff data to include information to ensure that employees are paid correct and their hours of work are recorded correctly
- Conducting training needs analysis and design and implement a training plan with input from the Leadership Team
The successful candidate will benefit from:
- Competitive salary, based on individual experience
- Family feel culture
- Strong team environment
- Working hours are Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm
- 20 days + 8 BH
- Pension, free parking
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented HR Manager looking to join a market leading, award winning organisation to play a key role in its development of their people strategy. For further information, please contact Helen for a confidential discussion on 01254 239363 or apply below.
Cummins Mellor is a family run employment agency who has been serving businesses across East Lancashire for over 29 years. We pride ourselves on sourcing the highest quality, temporary and permanent candidates for local employers.