We’re looking for a Credit Controller to join a busy finance team in a leading Blackburn employer.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Credit Controller to support the finance team in the collection of payments, predominantly dealing with export customers. The main purpose of this position is to ensure the prompt settlement of accounts with credit and to update customer information, whilst ensuring that all orders are released in a timely manner and cash is allocated correctly.
Ultimately this role will offer a permanent opportunity for the right candidate following a successful 12 week probation period.
As a Credit Controller your role will include;
- Conduct daily processing/posting in AX (ERP system) of invoices and credit notes
- Work in customer portals to obtain remittances and other documents
- Resolve all short payments/queries as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Generate and post collection letters and telephone customers in order to expedite payment of overdue monies
- Review and explain debtor balances monthly with the team and Line Manager
- Understand and implement the Credit Insurance policy
- Assist with the month end routine, closing of the sales ledger and generation of debtors’ reports
- Resolve customer queries efficiently to prevent payment delays
- Have a flexible approach in ways of working to accommodate ad hoc tasks and cover other members of the team
- Be able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) and professionally with customers
- Work with carrier companies to request proof of delivery, submit claims for short deliveries and damaged goods
The ideal candidate must;
- Have experience working in a Credit Control capacity
- Be available to work on a temporary contract
- Possess strong telephone and communication skills
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Competent with Microsoft Word / Excel & Outlook
- Experience of using EDI / TRADOCS / AX Microsoft Dynamics systems (e.g. Great Plains/NAV/ CRM Dynamics, AXAPTA) would be a distinct advantage
Our client can offer;
- 40 hours per week
- Free Parking
- Subsidized Canteen
- A great family culture
- An opportunity to work as part of a caring team
If you’re interested in this Credit Control opportunity or working through Cummins Mellor Recruitment, please apply online today.
Cummins Mellor is a family run employment agency who has been serving businesses across East Lancashire for over 28 years. We pride ourselves on sourcing the highest quality, temporary and permanent candidates for local employers.