- Are you seeking an accounts role where you will have full exposure to the finance function and be responsible for the company monthly management accounts
- Would you like to work alongside a visionary owner during an existing period in the businesses growth?
This could be the ideal role for you!
Your New Business and the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an accounts professional to join an expanding accounts team in one of Lancashire’s longest standing retailers. With stores across the UK and a thriving website, the Management Accountant seeks an assistant to support his current team of four.
As Assistant Management Accountant, you will be responsible for the preparation of company monthly management accounts. Upon successful appointment to the role of Assistant Management Accountant you will post month end journals, reconcile intercompany account balances, calculate accruals and prepayments and post cashbook/nominal transactions.
The successful candidate will:
- Be experienced accounts professional, competent in preparing monthly management accounts
- Have experience with SAGE (200 preferable)
- Possess advanced IT Skills, particularly in Excel (pivot tables, lookup)
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have excellent levels of attention to detail
- Qualified to AAT Level 4 standard/part qualified CIMA
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- The opportunity to be part of a market leading retail business
- Outstanding opportunities for development in a business that promotes from within
- Access to a pension scheme
- Staff discount across the broad product range
- A great office location, close to main motorway networks and have access to free parking
What will my new role involve?
- Preparing monthly management accounts
- Complex and large reconciliations (quantities) including downloading large remittance reports
- Posting month end journals
- Calculating complex month stock journals
- Reconciling month end margins at department level
- Assisting on month end cut off procedures
- Posting cash book/nominal transactions
- Bank and control account reconciliations
- Calculating and posting intercompany transactions
- Reconciling intercompany account balances
- Accrual and prepayment calculations and journals
- Ad-hoc duties as required for a small accounts office
If you are an experienced Assistant Accountant and are looking for the opportunity to challenge yourself and work within this leading retailer then please apply online today.
Cummins Mellor is a family run employment agency who has been serving businesses across East Lancashire for over 28 years. We pride ourselves on sourcing the highest quality, temporary and permanent candidates for local employers.