Does this sound like you?
- You’ve finished school / college / university and you’re now looking for an opportunity where you can continue to work towards qualifications but want to earn and gain hands on experience at the same time?
- You’d like to be part of a hard-working team who are committed to excellent customer service standards?
- The mission of “At Personnel Checks we are building a Background Screening company to make the working world safer for everyone” really resonates with you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our sister company Personnel Checks for a Customer Service Apprentice to join their growing team. This is a full- time role, working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. This is the ideal opportunity for someone looking to start a career within a thriving local business, working alongside their highly skilled and professional team, and developing skills of their own.
Personnel Checks is a family run business and believe their core values contribute towards our success. They are a people centric organisation aiming to deliver products and service which help their customers work faster, work smarter, with confidence and a smile. Positivity, Integrity, Respect, Team and Going the Extra Mile are not only the essence of their brand but are rooted in each and every member of our team.
Skills developed within this role will include:
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- A professional, friendly telephone manner
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Organisation and time management skills
- Strong administration skills with a focus on attention to detail
- An introduction to legislation around DBS eligibility and data protection
- Excellent IT skills
- Sales techniques
- A positive and ‘can do’ attitude
- Desire to progress and develop career
- Desire to help and please customers
The successful apprentice will be given the opportunity to work within a top safeguarding company www.personnelchecks.co.uk gaining knowledge and developing their skills while being supported in achieving their customer service NVQ qualification. Personnel Checks have been a Registered Body for the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) since 2004 and are passionate about safeguarding society. They help employers within any industry make safer recruitment decisions, to ensure the vulnerable in our society are protected. The successful applicant will be working within Customer Experience team.
The successful apprentice must have:
- A sound knowledge of how an apprenticeship works and be either already enrolled with a training provider or have ensured they meet the eligibility criteria for an apprenticeship
- Have a minimum of 5 GCSE’s at 4 – 9 level (A – C) including Maths and English
- Have a good standard of IT including the use of Microsoft Office
- Confidence in speaking to customers over the phone and face to face
- Be committed to self-development, enthusiastic for training opportunities and a strong desire to succeed and excel
Tasks undertaken will include:
- Answering incoming calls, helping customers in the best way possible and transferring calls / taking messages
- Communicating with customers, assisting them with queries and guiding them through the DBS application process
- Completing all necessary administration/paper work
- Deal with confidential information with accuracy and care
- Posting and emailing relevant paper work to clients
- Data input onto bespoke online systems
What’s in it for you?
- Our total commitment to supporting the successful apprentice in achieving their NVQ qualification
- Involvement in our numerous social and community activities
- A chance for career progression within a vibrant, growing business.
- Additional individual and team-based bonuses and incentive schemes
- Raft of benefits including excellent holiday package & company incentives
- A thorough on-boarding and induction programme
- Continual personal and professional development
- Following an initial extensive training programme you would then will have access to a hybrid working structure, working between an award winning office environment and working from home.
Personnel Checks have a proven record with apprentices and offer career opportunities across the business. They also work with local businesses and can therefore offer the opportunity of securing a permanent role once the apprenticeship has been completed, should the apprentice not remain with them. However it should be noted that their hire rate from previous apprenticeships is 100%, with many of those past apprentices now holding senior positions of responsibility across the Company.
If you think this is your ideal role, you should send your CV to [email protected] for consideration.