Ever Thought About a Career in Recruitment?
The recruitment industry is a dynamic, fast-paced and highly competitive industry which offers exciting career opportunities to the right people.
In the UK, the annual industry turnover is currently around £26.5 billion and is forecast to rise considerably over the next few years and 100,000 people are estimated to be employed in recruitment.
The recruitment industry in 2012/13 is worth over £26.5 Billion Recruiters found 1.1 million people temp or contract roles during 2012/13 (source REC)
What does a Recruitment Consultant do?
A Recruitment Consultant is a professional sales person acting as the intermediary between organisations wishing to recruit (the client) and the individual seeking a career move or a temporary assignment (the candidate).
The Consultant’s role is the vital link between candidates and clients, often advising on strategic as well as operational requirements. It involves attracting business from client companies by using sales, business development and marketing techniques, then building relationships with them to become a trusted advisor for recruitment by getting to know the client companies, what they do, how they operate and the general culture or atmosphere of their workplace.
Consultant’s key responsibilities
The role of a Recruitment Consultant is broadly to:
- Identify and develop client/business relationships in a competitive environment
- Attract candidates and maintain the candidate database
- Assess and respond to the needs of each particular client or assignment
- Source suitable candidates and brief them on the opportunities offered by the client
- Manage the process through interview to offer stage and beyond
- Offer CV, interview and general career advice
- Use networking to build business information that can be converted into commercial opportunities
What will make you successful?
Whilst there are no absolute rules as to who can be successful in our company, generally you’ll have more chance of doing so if you can answer “Yes” to the following questions:
- Are you a persuasive and compelling person who is able to sell themselves?
- Are you target orientated with a desire to measure your success financially and achieve tangible career progression
- Can you demonstrate first-class communication skills?
- Do you strive to be the best at whatever you do?
- Are you prepared to push yourself beyond your comfort zone to achieve success?
- Do you believe you have extraordinarily high levels of tenacity and resilience?
- Do you think you are inherently commercial with a competitive edge that would set you apart from your peer group?
- Are you adaptable? Can you change your style of delivery depending on your audience?
Are you a Cummins Mellor person?
All employees demonstrate 5 core Cummins Mellor values in their attitude and behaviour – find out more
Call and speak to us further about embarking on an amazing career which will provide you a potentially lucrative, satisfying job for life.
Contact Michelle Mellor, Operations Director on 01254 239100 or email email@example.com